Optical Academy provides FULL SERVICE MOBILE OPTICAL SHOPS that conduct ON-SITE EYE EXAMS and EYE WEAR inside the comfort of your School-sites, Work-sites, Nursing Homes, Communities, and Homes. We are COMPLETELY MOBILE and COME TO YOU! We provide eye exams, contact lens renewals, eyeglasses, sunglasses, computer glasses (CompuSpecs), contacts, readers and accessories ALL ON-SITE! We are completely mobile with state of the art digital equipment. We can accommodate any patient with or without special needs, fragile community members, and be their voice when it comes to their vision. Optical Academy provides the crucial eye care and eye wear services inside your facility, not an inconvenient van. Convenience at it’s finest for sure!
Optical Academy is growing rapidly and looking for a self-motivated experienced Refractionist. Candidates are responsible for providing vision care and refraction under the supervision of an ophthalmologist. Assist with taking patient histories, performing diagnostic tests and procedures, dispensing optical prescription and maintaining records.
- Clear and effective communicator in person, over the phone, and online.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well-organized with attention to detail.
- Excellent Refractometry skillset (minus cylinder) with knowledge of:
- Contact lens over-refraction (spherical+ toric lens)
- Trial framing patients
- Demonstrates computer literacy and familiarity with EMR/EHR documentation.
- Assists patient with selection of eyewear, making such facial measurements and adjustments as are necessary to properly fit glasses to the patient.
- Advanced comprehension of the principles of optics, refraction.
- Performs other related duties as necessary
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Medical, benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Experience Based
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Associate (Preferred)
- Relevant Experience:1 year